[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Refugee Gaming • View topic - State of the guild, fixing it up

State of the guild, fixing it up

Dedicated to Guild Wars 2 and the RefugeeGaming Guild.

Moderator: Berenstain

State of the guild, fixing it up

Postby Hunter » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm

So currently, as most players would notice by now, the guild is, and has been dead for quite a while now, and no actions have been taken to restore or do anything with it really other than leaving it as an empty husk for one or two players to rep.

SO HERE'S WHAT I PROPOSE.

1. We clean up all the players who've been away from the game for more than 5+ or so months (Players who aren't apart of the actual community and whatnot)
2. We get one or two players to run dungeons and do content with PUGS, new players should be a priority for recruitment. (Try to avoid recruiting through mapchat.)
3. Allow Stereo and possibly Luna to inherit the guild while the guild leader is away (Or for how long he has been away now.)
4. Expansion is coming up, so is the halloween update, this leaves us open to many recruitment opportunities as players will be involved in the game once more.
5. I can't apply but would wish to become an officer so I could perhaps work alongside Stereo in breathing some life back into the guild.
Hunter
Refugee

Re: State of the guild, fixing it up

Postby Stereo Sage » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Keggin,

I agree that there are steps that need to be taken to help breathe life into the guild.
1. Roster cleaning needs to be done, however it may take some time to complete as we need to figure out who's who.
2. In regards to dungeon content and whatnot - I feel that with the current amount of active players in our guild, it should not be unheard of to use the LFG system to find more players. We should get comfortable interacting with others that are not currently in the guild.
3. I think that Baron's lead in the guild has been great - whatnot with organizing events, those ever-informative guild officer meetings. If you feel that you think the guild would be better suited to change direction for growth or stability, let all of us know.
4. I see a lot of players out in the PvE world and out in dungeons not repping a guild. I feel like these new players may like to join a guild like ours.
5. Keggin/Hunter has been playing this game for many many more hours than I have, and had continued to do so while I was on my year hiatus from GW2. Having someone with the play hours and knowledge behind the content is beneficial to new and returning players.
Stereo Sage
Survivor

Postby sadatoni » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:37 pm

I see there's a lot that show up as "unknown" as their last time online. Wow.

Those all look like good ideas.
sadatoni
Fisherman

Postby Hunter » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 pm

Hunter
Refugee

Postby Berenstain » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Here I am! Thank you for the feedback! I agree that some steps should be taken. Sorry for not replying until now - I admit that I haven't checked the forums for a while. But anyway, let's get to it.

Keggin's Proposal:
---
1) I have no objections to this. Leave the community members alone of course (who should be refugee/pantsless in rank), but other long-gone players can be removed.

2) I agree with running with players in dungeons and otherwise for recruitment. This is a good vetting process to find those who would be good fits for our guild. As officers have previously discussed, map chat recruitment is something we definitely do not want to do.

3) I offered to step down as guild leader last year when I announced that I couldn't lead properly for an unknown amount of time. The officers voted for me to keep my office, so that's why I am still technically guild leader. To compensate for my absence, I did yield nearly all my powers to the officers while I was/am inactive. I still do not know when or if I can come back and lead properly, but I do understand that the guild leader's absence can look bad for the guild. If enough people think something should be done about this, then we can talk about what action to take. But as it stands, officers are effectively able to act as me in everything except changing ranks and editing the guild emblem. And I can still officiate an officer meeting or two if officers wish it of me.

4) This is true. With the base game going F2P and the expansion coming out, there may be many players who would be interested in joining guilds.

5) Keggin has been a long-standing excellent member of our community, and I see no reason why he shouldn't be an officer at this point for the reasons Stereo mentioned. However, our original method of officer voting likely would prove ineffective considering the low player participation in the guild these days. I'll think about how to proceed. Perhaps the best solution would be to speak with the officers and see if they are okay with a special officer-only vote for this occasion, and if so, have them vote on having Keggin become a new officer.

BONUS) Dissolving the pantsless rank is something the officers would need to decide as a whole, but I have no objection with converting all pantsless members into refugee rank for now considering Keggin's point about its purpose is quite valid.
Berenstain
GW2 Guild Leader

Postby kayak!? » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 pm

1) Agreed.
2) I think a designated day for a few of us to get together and run dungeons would be a fun idea. It might be a good way to get new members as well.
3) Baron has long said he would shift leadership to someone else if that's what we prefer. That being said, seems like there's nothing coming up at the moment officers can't handle.
4) The game will definitely get a shot in the arm with the F2P measure coming, and of course the expansion. Makes sense.
5) Agreed.
kayak!?
There's no reason to live!

Postby Hunter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Hunter
Refugee

Return to Guild Wars 2