[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Refugee Gaming • View topic - How to Not Suck at TF2 Guide

How to Not Suck at TF2 Guide

Entire team is babies!

Re: How to Not Suck at TF2 Guide

Postby CoreyHart » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:37 pm

That is very awesomely put Kayak, not sure if I could have said it better myself.

Only things I can think of to add at the moment is that the Homewrecker is best used on defense for helping your Engineer out. Stick with him, ensure he can get his stuff built up, lots of spy checking. There are also times when opposing Soldiers or Demos will try to spam the Engi's nest from afar, this is when you can really help out by reflecting incoming projectiles away to give your Engi time to move his stuff if necessary.

Your role as Pyro will also change depending on how many other Pyro's are on your team. If you're the only one on your team, your role becomes more of a protector, rather than attacker. Plenty of Spy checking is required to ensure your teammates can get to the objective safely. For Payload maps, plant yourself on or near the cart to ensure that no enemy spies can get backstab crazy and wipe out your entire team. On CTF maps, stick with your Engi so he can get his base built up and help protect his stuff if he needs it (ie - removing sappers if you're using the HW). On CP maps, you have a bit more freedom as the objective changes, but stay close to your medic(s) to ensure they're not getting backstabbed while building their ubers.

When you get more pyros on your team, it opens up a lot more for you to do. You can still do all the above, but you get a bit more free reign to go around igniting foes on fire. I tend to play kamikaze pyro when there are a few pyros on my team. I just run in and light people up and be a distraction so my teammates can finish people off. You wind up getting dominated a lot, but you can usually get rid of those if you're decent at all.

Everyone has things they like to do or how they like to play it, find something that works for you. You'll see a lot of experienced firebugs using the Degreaser and Flare combo. The melee is pretty well open to whatever you're comfortable with, I like to switch it up a lot myself, depending on game mode and such.
ImageImageImage
CoreyHart
Storyteller

Postby Argyle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am

Post revival. Starting to work on a sniper guide with videos. I'll post it when it's done.
Argyle
Friendly Neighborhood Admin

Postby Meta » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Argyle, let me help you with that:

Will that work?
real friends share underpants
Meta
Hiker

Postby Argyle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Damnit meta, I was gonna post that.