[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Refugee Gaming • View topic - Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Monster Hunter

Postby Berenstain » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:47 pm

I wanted to contribute something on the forum considering it has been mostly quiet for a while. And today seems the ideal day to do just that, so I'm going to mention one of my favorite gaming series: Monster Hunter!

A few random screenshots of my character and hunting pal (known as a palico) in MH4U:

I've played this series faithfully since the second title on PSP (MH Freedom Unite), and I think many of you would enjoy it if you haven't tried it already. Think of it as an RPG with intensive combat similar to...the Souls games I suppose, BUT there is no auto-targeting option (so you better use those camera controls well!). Also, instead of exploring, you go from one boss battle to another! A game of non-stop boss battles (except when you need to run to town or gather supplies)!

Character progression does not involve "XP" at all. Instead, you constantly upgrade and create new weapons and armors. And there are many varieties, skins and stats both, of each! There are a multitude of weapon types in the game as well...something for everybody! And with such a variety of equipment you can make, you can stick with one or two weapon types or spread out to a bunch! All up to you. Also, tons of skills for further customizing your playstyle!

While the following player isn't the greatest in the world, they do a decent job of showcasing all the weapon types in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. So it may help you get a sense of a preferred weapon type. MH4U includes two additional weapons - the insect glaive and the charge blade.

If anyone is interested in giving the series a try, I recommend you go with the latest release: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. While the other titles are wonderful, this one supports online play on the 3DS, and that means you can get the multiplayer experience when you want and need it!

I know a few other people already play the series, and I will be happy to help or just play with them or anyone else who wishes to give the series a try. Just let me know!

My Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Guild Card (basically my player stats card that can be shared with other players):
Berenstain
GW2 Guild Leader

Return to General Gaming